SC - Cuskeynoles

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Feb 2 06:11:53 PST 2000

Anne-Marie answered my questions about her redaction and this was
part of her reply:

> the eggs arent bad since the only thing you need to mince is the herbs. I
> put them all together on the cutting board and whack away. Takes seconds
> with my good knife. I do it while the eggs are hardboiling.

But the recipe called for x amount of *chopped* herbs. If you mix them
altogether how do you know you are getting the right amounts since they
aren't chopped yet? Put them on the chopping board in the approximate
ratios? Then chop it all up and if it is too much, simply discard the
extra and assume the ratio is correct?

This is probably easier with more experience since I'm not sure how
much unchopped herbs turn into when chopped. Or how to get an even
amount of the broad leafed spices vs. the ones with many tiny little
leaves before they are chopped.

Also, I was trying to exclude most of the stems and just use the finer
stems and the leaves. It sounds like there is no need to do this.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net