SC - Happy New Year!

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 15:55:06 PST 2000

Steven Cowley wrote:

> Does anyone know of any period references containing portuguese
> recipes?  I have a hankering to do a feast with a portuguese theme.  I
> really like modern portuguese food but I have been unable to turn up any
> portuguese manuscripts.

The University of Texas library system has a book that contains a period
portuguese menu, names only, no recipes, in portuguese.  That's the closest I've
come so far.  Let me know if you find anything better.

_Um Tratado da cozinha portuguesa do seculo XV / Instituto Nacional do Livro._
(Rio de Janeiro) : Instituto Nacional do Livro, Ministerio da Educacao e
Cultura, 1963.
NOTES:
     "Edicao preparada pelo Professor Antonio Gomes Filho."
     "Reproducao, em fac-simile, do manuscrito I-E-33, da Biblioteca Nacional de
Napoles."
     Includes index.
SUBJECTS:
     Cookery, Portuguese--Early works to 1500.
     Manuscripts, Portuguese--Facsimiles.
OTHER AUTHORS:
     Filho, Antonio Gomes.
     Rio de Janeiro. Instituto Nacional do Livro.
     Naples. Biblioteca nazionale. Mss. (I-E-33).
OCLC NUMBER:
     6161941

I hope this helps,
- -Magdalena