SC - U of Iowa Cookbooks

Mon Feb 7 11:40:43 PST 2000

Your ideas and research look good, but I have a question about:

> Dulce Stew (leeks, mushrooms, butter, milk, cream, salt, pepper)

	Is there no dulse in this recipe?  Dulse is a sea vegetable, and many
Irish recipes call for seaweeds in various forms for their ingredients.
So, the name makes me think it might have at one time contained it,
perhaps to be later replaced with leeks, or even might have contained
leeks and dulse, and the dulse has been omitted.

> Any ideas?
> Hauviette

Just some random wonderings,
Christianna