SC - New World Foods-list

Fri Feb 11 08:35:44 PST 2000

It is definitely not Numida melegaris (guinea fowl).  It looks more like
Meleagris gallopavo (North American turkey) than Agriocharis ocellata
(Central American turkey).

The problem is that Agriocharis ocellata is the turkey which was brought
back to Europe around 1523.  It would be interesting to find the provenance
of the illustration.

Bear