SC - Re:New World Foods-list penguins are period

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Feb 12 09:12:36 PST 2000

> Well, I had intended to compile a summation of my counter-rant,
>  but in answering the questions posed by his Grace, Duke Cariadoc,
> I seem to have said about everything I wanted to say except thanks
> Ras, Bear, Lanie, Mordonna and everyone one else for an enjoyable
> session of ranting and raving about something I feel was interesting.
> I doubt that this will be the end of this thread as I know y'all have
> more to say too.  I look forward to it and I can probably goaded into
> another pontifical tirade if you work at it.
>
> Akim

Goad?  You don't have to goad this crew into arguing fine points of culinary
expertise and history.  Just toss out a new question.

As for the turkey, I've never tried one for a feast but I may try out some
of Rumpolt's recipes and do late German one of these fine days.

I did serve turkey for my wife's birthday in the manner of Master Martino by
substituting turkey for the chicken in his Chicken in Orange Sauce, where
the bird is roasted, then served with an orange sauce made from the juice of
3 bitter oranges and a pinch of cinnamon (I had to use navel oranges and the
juice of half a lemon since Seville oranges never seem to make it to
Oklahoma).  It sounds a little strange, but it actually enhances the flavor
of the bird.

Bear