SC - Sausages

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 14 08:30:33 PST 2000

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:

> As for the turkey, I've never tried one for a feast but I may try out some
> of Rumpolt's recipes and do late German one of these fine days.
>
> I did serve turkey for my wife's birthday in the manner of Master Martino by
> substituting turkey for the chicken in his Chicken in Orange Sauce, where
> the bird is roasted, then served with an orange sauce made from the juice of
> 3 bitter oranges and a pinch of cinnamon (I had to use navel oranges and the
> juice of half a lemon since Seville oranges never seem to make it to
> Oklahoma).  It sounds a little strange, but it actually enhances the flavor
> of the bird.

<assumes begging pose> Is it possible M'lord that you could send me the period
recipe for this dish.  I am doing a feast in June & am trying to keep costs
low.  I can get a huge quantity of chicken wings fairly cheap (1/4 price whole
chooks per kg) and am looking at serving them.  I have been looking at sauces
that can be served over roasted chicken and have collected a number of them.
However, there is always room for more ;-)
please, please, please?

With thanks,
Lorix