SC - A fifteenth century english recipe

Alex Wollangk orion at mailbag.com
Mon Feb 14 13:39:30 PST 2000

Hello All,

At Ansteorra's Northern Regional Tribute last weekend I was called
into court by the Vicaress of the Barony of Namron.  As I stood there
our own Bear came forward bearing gifts. Seems some people from
up Outlands way feel such love for Yours Truly that they were compelled
to send a friendly hello.

I was presented with the class notes and handout for the Historical
Cooks Symposium. Groovy! I've read through it and now really
wish I had been able to make it.

But the other gift was far and above the call. It was a lovely little
ceramic tureen in the shape of an armadillo. To make sure the meat
was sweet enough this tureen was filled with candies. (I can just
imagine those-who-know-who-they-are found this and started
giggling at just the though of who to give it to.)

They are very nice gifts and I really do appreciate all who contributed
for it. Sometimes a person can feel very loved by people he has not
even met.

On a more fun note I did promise Their Majesties that at some event,
They don't know when, I will present them with the tureen filled with
a nice armadillo stew. They didn't seem to appreciate the honor I'm
offering. But I've decided, once I find a source for inspected armadillo

meat, to present said stew on a bed of sagebrush and mesquite surrounded

by a nice teriyaki grilled rattlesnake for a true Ansteorran dish.

Thanks to all who conspired on this. The tureen (I love to collect
tureens,
btw) is in an honored place in my home, waiting to be filled.

Now looking for a good source of armadillo and rattlesnake.

Yers,

Proud Papa Gunthar