SC - Gung Ho Fat Chow?

Jeanne Stapleton apiskp at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 16:09:24 PST 2000

Was Written:

>I think rabbit fits more into the "delicacies" area (though the thought of
>eating cute fuzzy bunnies definitely queazes some people I know). I don't
>know about where you live, but my local grocery stores' meat cases have a
>chicken section, a pork section, a beef section, and a small lamb section.
>There is no rabbit section. Rabbit is not too hard to find here in
Portland,
>OR, but it's at the "gourmet" stores.
>Mmmm...Rabbit in mustard sauce...!

Down here in Sea March, Kingdom of Trimaris you can find it cut up breaded
and frozen in a box for about $3.50 a pound in Publics.  I passed.   You can
also find it for a little less in ethnic butcher shops.  Yup, Yup,  frozen
bunnies skinned with the heads still on them.  My lady wife went into the
shop, Rosalitas in Lake Park, with me took one look at the bull's balls and
hog uterus's and quickly stepped outside.  Just found an other more upscale
shop "Ox Tails and More" which I will be checking out with a less squimish
friend inthe near future.

Daniel Raoul