SC - OOP -- Happy Happy! Joy Joy!

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Mon Feb 14 08:49:11 PST 2000

At 4:07 AM +0100 2/10/00, Thomas Gloning wrote:

>  In respect to these 1000 years, we have thousands of
>15th century recipes, we have -- maybe -- hundreds of 14th century
>recipes, we have a few 13th century recipes;

We have hundreds of 13th century recipes--al-Baghdadi, Manuscrito
Anonimo, and at least one untranslated Andalusian cookbook. Not to
mention a big 10th century collection, some of whose components
appear to be late 8th or early 9th century. Of course, its in Arabic
and untranslated.

The Franks may have been dancing around fires, eating raw bacon, and
denying the unity of Allah in the early centuries, but in the
civilized world ...   .

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University