SC - Camp Cooking Class at Estrella

campcook@uswestmail.net campcook at uswestmail.net
Tue Feb 15 18:04:30 PST 2000

Rachel McCormack of Barcelona, Spain skrev:

< Yup, Yup, frozen bunnies skinned with the heads still on them.>
Here in Spain they have to sell them with their heads
on to prove that they're not cats (there is a saying
vender gato por liebre - selling cat as if its hare -
meaning to be ripped off or conned, must have been a
common stunt to pull).

Actually, there's a health law in many US towns requiring that rabbits be
sold with a foot on, for the same reason- feet being more aesthetic to the
US consumer, I imagine ;-) I wouldn't, however, save and dry it for a good
luck token- it wasn't very lucky for the rabbit......

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous