SC - crop harvest times

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 19:19:27 PST 2000

Huette is indeed my "source", while reading here a month or so ago she
posted about "Castle cakes" and I borrowed from her experience.  I
pretty much followed her instructions except on a smaller scale.  I used
boxed pound cake mix in the essence of time and a whipped icing sans
candy decorations, so the whole thing looked rather like a cloud in the
shape of a castle.  The raspberry preserves just sounded like a good
filling with all that cake and icing.  If I were to do it again, I think
I'd like to try pound cake from scratch and instead of vanilla would use
almond extract.  Incidentally, I was told that pound cake might not be
that far off as a period cake and I will be looking for
documentation....
    I have saved the entire message that Huette had posted and would be
happy to repost if anyone wants it.
        Tygre Marie