SC - A funny thing happened to me in the cooking store...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 16 21:01:51 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/16/00 5:53:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE writes:

<< Ras, please take the fact, that there are xeroxes and books of Rodinson,
 Arberry, Benchekroun, Grewe, Goldziher, Mas'udi, Oehrnberg/Mroueh, Peter
 Heine, David Waines and Da'ud Chelebi on my desk at present as a kind of
 proof that I am seriously interested in "All cookbooks of the world."

 Best,
 Thomas >>

No question in my mind. I often times am not the 'word smith' when I ask for
clarification on someone's thoughts but rest assured that my questions are
not really 'personal' in any way.

OTOH, it is rarely that the Iberian peninsula (Thanks!) is even thought about
when European cookery is discussed. Personally, I think that both Islamic
influences are rife throughout the corpus of all of European recipes both in
seasoning and other things. Unfortunately, it will take a very long time for
me to juggle the info I have and the reasons behind my various
interpretations supporting my viewpoint in this matter into a coherent mass.
Your continuing observations and thoughts on the matter, as well as past
thoughts, are very much welcome and extraordinarily helpful.

Ras