SC - Harrumph!!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 17:35:36 PST 2000

Regards the rolling pin thread I just remembered an item that some might
find interesting.  I was ambling about a local architectural salvage
company's yard about a year or so back and came across the most marvelous
find.  A stack of oval marble slabs about 15.5" by 12.5" and about 1.25
inches thick some thinner some thicker.  They were the wastage from bathroom
sink counters, i.e. the piece cut out for the sink.  Glass smooth on one
side and slightly rough on the other with slightly irregular edges.  Over
the past year or so I've bought about 5 or 10 for friends or brought friends
to the lot to pick out their own.  Some have had slight greenish
discoloration in spots due to algae and some have had masking tape gummed on
them.  I think that most people use them for rolling out bits of dough or
candy all though one fellow uses his as a surface for leather stamping.
Check for simular establishments in your local area and you might be happily
surprised.   If you are ever in the Sea March area I will take you there.