SC - PPc and Libro del arte de cocina

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 20:53:03 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 17 Feb 00,, that Richard Keith wrote:

> So to sum of the recipe, I would stay that it is a set of instructions for
> the butchering of mutton to make single ribs for another recipe.  Is there
> such a thing as an old Castilian to modern Spanish Dictionary out there,
> that I could then translate to english?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frederich

In translating 16th century Spanish recipes (from this source and
others), I have found the following website to be *extremely* helpful:
http://www.rae.es/NIVEL1/buscon/AUTORIDAD2.HTM

It contains searchable versions of the oldest (1726) and the most recent
(1992) editions of the dictionary of the Roayal Spanish Academy.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net