SC - re: SC-OOP - Sucess!

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sat Feb 19 19:25:44 PST 2000

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> > I also store it standing upin a shallow dish of water. Does anyone else
> > do this?
>
> No, storage usually isn't a problem; they're rarely in the house for
> more than a couple of hours. I've heard of people cooking them upright
> in a tall pot, like a coffee pot, though.

Well, with current mobility problems, (grocery is a _little_ far to
walk, er, stagger, and Babe the Old Blue Van mostly likes to stay home)
I get produce/dairy 2-3 days at a time when I can (not enough storage
space for more). It makes meal planning interesting. And I have to think
about storage issues.

I cut asparagus into chunks 2-3" long and toss them through the steamer
basket. Since I usually blanch and then stir fry, it makes more sense
for me.

Seumas is making brunch and has already brought me tea. Meow! The
richest woman in the world has nothin' on this little slug!

'Lainie/Queen Carmen