SC - 1430-1450 recipe for Strawberye...

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 17:00:34 PST 2000

Thanks, Margali, but I can get seeds over here (eventually), however, I'm
buying/preparing a Roman entree for a banquet on Saturday night :-). Was
asked to do it a couple of days ago by my own personal kitchen God. How
could I possibly say no? Yes. I AM getting a statue of him. Anyway, I'll buy
some celery, and put another plant in my herb garden.

Bonne, Re: Quail's eggs: I figure that the Romans ate all sorts of eggs. Not
sure if they had quail per se, but they ate all sorts of other small birds,
and I can't find any other small bird eggs (finding quail eggs required
about 20 phone calls and a lot of to-ing and fro-ing by a sort-of-local
gourmet deli)... I think they'll be masquerading as figpecker or lark or
some such :-) (Now I'm getting evil thoughts of making Figpeckers stuffed
with Figs in the future! Very Roman!)

For actual quail's eggs, look for recipes/references to quail. I'm sure if
they had quail, they ate quail eggs!

And thanks, Adamantius, for the timing for the little suckers.

Glenda.