SC - SC- Best food for War

Al8an branneon at crosswinds.net
Tue Feb 22 14:02:08 PST 2000

>     I think I remember that one--Camp Saddlerock? The particular
> occasion I'm remembering was a blast for sure! I think we collaborated
on music, too, didn't we? We usually do, at least!

>         Ldy Diana, apprenticed to Mistress Eleanor for, ummmm, well,
> A Really  Long Time (tm)............

	Yep, that's the one, and you and Davoc were definately there.  I don't
remember specifically, but I would wager money on the probability that
music was made during the course of the evening.

<<Another infamous Overcatering family (The Ashleys, aka the Borg
 Laurelate)>>>

    I resemble that remark! ;-)

	Yes, you do, but you have to admit, it is quite apt.
	We have often talked about setting out to invite diners who would not
bring food to the fete, but somehow they always seem to think that they
just _have to bring something_ !
	I was watching a show on FoodTV the other night, called "Rock and Roll
Chefs" about various private chefs that cater to rock stars either
individually or for the entire crew.  One segment was about this fellow
who has started a program called "Rock & Wrap It Up" (I'm pretty sure
that's the name of it).  He arranges in advance for the leftovers from
Rock & Roll concerts to be collected and distributed to local shelters or
soup kitchens.  I have run into trouble before with places such as this
not accepting already cooked foods, but as he has this network in place
and arranges it in advance, they evidently don't have a problem with it.
They listed several artists that now call for his services in their
contracts, so as not to waste any food.  Kindof nice, as they have
extensive lists of the things they wish to have available at every stop,
which definately makes for lots of extra food.  The webpage lists this
Saturday at 4:00 PM as the next time this show airs, if anyone is
interested.
	We usually do try to divide up leftovers, either from our own private
feasts or from the event kitchen, so the needy we feed tend to be our
own, but there have been times when a program like this would have been
great.  It's nice to see folks making a difference in an area where it
can be a win/win situation for everybody.
	Christianna