SC - Pickled Onions and Eggs - Thank you !!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 23 22:24:55 PST 2000

Andrea clarified her earlier question about war ovens with:
> I am thinking turf oven as I can carry the clay and bricks take away my
> clothing space for war....  Thanks !

There are folks who have built similar structures with the clay found
at Pennsic. I'm assuming that is where you had in mind doing this.

The following file can be found in the PENNSIC section of my files:
P-tale-MWIFO-art  (23K)  8/26/96    Making Wrought Iron from Ore at
Pennsic 24.

While they built a furnace and not an oven, much of the construction technique
is the same. It is also a very funny real story told by a good story teller.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net