SC - Never Be Creative During An Ear Infection

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Thu Feb 24 18:16:51 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/24/2000 12:13:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
magdlena at earthlink.net writes:

<< (Speaking of which, Brangwayna, is that spiced lemonade you make
 based on a period recipe?) >>

Not that I know of.  It was something I picked up by making it while helping
in a kitchen during my first year or so in the SCA.  It's certainly perioid,
as none of the ingredients are out of period.  Let's see if anyone can help.

The recipe in question involves taking four lemons to a gallon of water.
Bring the water to a boil, ream the cut lemons into it, and then throw in the
shells as well.  Put in 12 whole cloves, about an eighth of a teaspoon of
cardamom, cover, and let steep for 20 minutes or so.  Then fish out the lemon
shells and add honey to taste.  When cool enough, bottle it, straining out
the cloves as you go.  It is very refreshing as a cool drink, and absolutely
wonderful hot, especially for sore throats.

Brangwayna