SC - My mailbox....

Brokk H940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Fri Feb 25 03:17:10 PST 2000

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> What we did at Investiture was made the whole pieces (whole chicken, big
> joint of meat, etc.) for the high table, and I cajoled, er, sweet-talked
> one of our knights into serving as carver. The rest of the hall got the
> other portions, pre-cut, etc.

One small suggestion on _cooking_ the whole bird is to cook about 25% of
the total cooking time each on alternate sides, then finish breast up.
The darker meat on the sides takes a little longer to cook, and this
helps make sure this meat is fully cooked without overcooking and drying
out the faster cooking breast. So, if the total cooking time is one
hour, fifteen minutes on the left side, then fifteen minutes on the
right side, then the last thirty minutes breast up (on it's back).

Seumas