SC - hand-washing and serving high table

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Feb 25 21:26:53 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/25/00 5:38:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
campcook at uswestmail.net writes:

<< I had the experience of the Queen removing herself from the high
 table as we presented the third remove of a feast. >>

I also had this experience involving the serving of a boars head with flames
shooting from its mouth. Although I felt sorry for the young man that had
volunteered to cook this dish (he is 18 and, IMO, did a masterful work) that
the Queen had not been there to see it, the rest of the hall and the
remaining gentles at high table were appropriately amused. The Queen had
taken ill by her busy schedule and left the hall. The young gentle gussied up
in his finest livery delivered the head to high table and set it down in
front of the only vegetarian sitting there who duly made appreciative
gestures and sounds. I am still amused by this spectacle and am very proud of
the gentle tat pulled it off so innocently. :-)

Ras