SC - marsh mallow root

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Feb 25 23:42:35 PST 2000

Anahita al-shazhiya said:
> He now has material for a
> turban (nice indigo blue ikat cotton) and at the SCA demo at
> DundraCon over the weekend Khaleed (of the bat-winged octopus arms)
> demonstrated to him the wrapping of a turban.

This demonstration of turban wrapping may be all he needs. However,
there are some comments on wrapping turbans, including some from
Master Cariadoc, in this file in the CLOTHING section of my files.
Apparently there are several ways to wrap turbans and it varied
from region to region and over time. If I'm remembering it right
from reading this several years ago.
turbans-msg       (18K)  7/17/96    Medieval turbans. Wrapping turbans.

No, not food related, but I thought some others besides Anahita
might find this useful...
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net