SC - Badinjan Muhassa

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 27 00:36:14 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/27/00 1:29:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
grizly at mindspring.com writes:

<< It also begs the question we
 are raising, that of authenticity, by ignoring the directive of our
 seated royalty.  >>

SCA members are under no obligation to obey a royal whim, especially illegal
ones which is in direct opposition to the description of the position as
stated in Corpora. I do think someone should write her about it and seek a
clarification. Especially to clarify why a decree was issued which is a
direct violation of Corpora regarding the Princess's duty to encourage all
the arts and sciences. If she fails to respond, then a phone call would be in
order. If that fails, perhaps contacting the King and Queen would be in
order. If all else fails, the Ombudsman and ultimately the BOD.

There are many deeper issues regarding this matter outside the fact that such
a pronouncement could undo what many of us have taken years to achieve in the
advancement of period cookery at events. Of course, such actions or
discussion of those actions is, IMO, well outside the scope of this list. It
is really a matter for Trimarians to address in the end. We can only hope to
block or minimize any damage that may occur outside of that realm if it
occurs.

Just a thought.......

Ras