SC - Re: List Drinks

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Feb 29 12:45:24 PST 2000

"Alderton, Philippa" wrote:

> Lance T. Udell wrote:
>
> >Have you read the words as I have???   The request was to ensure that
> >there were more normal foods intermingled with period dishes.
>
> At first reading, it appeared that the Lady was disgruntled with all period
> foods. Forgive us, if as dedicated, serious Cooks, we found in this one
> posting, all our hard work over the last couple of years, appeared to have
> gone down the drain.
>
> > Our pallates have developed over the centuries.
>
> No they haven't- if anything, our palates have become less sensitive, since
> they aren't as necessary to our daily lives and survival, as anyone can
> tell, from the vast numbers of folk who live on fast food, constructed of
> salt and sugar, and with less flavor and nutritional content than the paper
> or plastic they come wrapped in.

and so on...

I must agree with Philippa on this. This gentle presented us with yet
another insulting and uneducated posting to say the least. Although I
would not presume to speak for anyone else, after much off-line
discussion, I know many cooks within the whole knowne world that feel
exactly the same. Its a shame that this has gone this far. Perhaps the
Lady in question (her Hiney) should make a showing, because it sure
appears that she has insulted and ran and now has others (Lance T.
Udell) doing her mopping up. I sincerely hope this is not the case and
I would like to hear if she has anything further to add.

YIS
Micaylah na Clan fra Skye
Barony of Skraeling Althing
Kingdom of Ealdormere