SC - Feasts in Trimaris

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 29 21:37:03 PST 2000

Lance rants:

>If you are so personally offended I ask that you call her.  Her phone
>number can easily be found in the talewinds.  She does screen her calls
>so leave her a message and she'll be glad to address your questions
>personally.

Sorry, Lance, but the Knowne Worlde does not necessarily subscribe to the
Talewind. There are other Kingdoms out here, most of which have been around
longer than Trimaris has, and we tend to subscribe to our Kingdom
newsletters.

>As for the "(her Hiney)" bit, I will not hear this
>disrespect for the Crown or Coronet.  You will rescend that comment and
>make no further insults in that manner to the Crown or Coronet.  I
>rightfully do not know who you are, but I, who for the purpose of this
>letter stand with no references to the offices I hold, challenge you.

Granted, that was an unfortunate comment on Lady Micaylah's part, but just
as we had originally been discussing this matter in relative privacy, until
someone posted our private comments to the Trimaris List, her comment did
not need to be posted to your List again.

And what is it with this challenge business? Hasn't anyone there enough
sense to douse your ardor with a bucket of ice water? Challenges are
intended to make the game more fun, not allow anybody with a grudge to thump
the blazes out of anyone they disagree with. However, if Lady Micaylah
wishes to accept your challenge, I hereby volunteer to act as her Champion.
Of course, milord, you do understand, that the Challenged Party has the
choice of weapons....... :-D

How about cluebats at 20 paces?

>You will either appologise to her Highness for the lack of respect or I
>will see you on whatever field you choose.  I will get authorized for
>the sole purpose of settling this, be it heavy or light, I will meet
>you.  I know not youe experience and care not, for part of the dream for
>me is fealty to my house and my Crown, and you have violated them both.

Funny. Part of our Dream is to strive for greater authenticity and to teach
and to learn about our Arts and our Sciences in the Middle Ages, while
conducting ourselves as politely as possible, in a World where misguided
Peers of the Arts are doing their very best to sabotage everything we're
striving for. Instead, we're finding ourselves in a pointless argument with
clueless people, who, in order to to distract arguments from their main
focus, throw around words like "dishonorable" and "challenge", as gratuitous
insults.

Considering how many gratuitous insults have been offered, both to me,
personally, and to those of us who are striving for our Dream, by Trimarans
publicly and privately, I'm really wondering what your Peers are elevated
for- it certainly isn't tact or courtesy, at least from the Peers and
non-Peers I've been exposed to during this idiocy.

Lance, why don't you just cool your jets a little bit, and quit running
around and making a difficult situation worse? I'm sure if Her Highness is
half the Peer you feel she is, she is not going to be happy about you
challenging half the Knowne Worlde to defend her on what I feel, is an error
in judgement. And you might also consider ceasing to give orders to people
who aren't going to pay attention to them anyway. "You will rescend that
comment "? "You will either appologise to her Highness for the lack of
respect "?

You will eventually grow up, and get a life, I hope.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous