SC - Question about a book

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Wed Feb 2 13:20:37 PST 2000

I have been re-reading Eleanor & Terence Scully's
book called:  Early French Cookery (ISBN:
0-472-10648-1).  It is extremely informative and
useful, but while it does contain numerous
footnotes and references, it does not have a
bibliography with the full details of the books
referenced.

On page 226 (fish dishes) it has a quote
referenced as follows :
(Capiteles de tous poissons/All Fish
Aldorbrandino, Le regime du corps, pp176-77)

Now, my question is in regard to the above as I am
not familiar with the reference.  I am assuming
that 'Aldorbrandino' is the author, with perhaps
"Capiteles de tous poissons" being the title of
the book & "Le regime du corps" perhaps the name
of the chapter.

The quote given is in regard to the types and
varieties of fish & a sort of comparison.
The quote is in English, but if the book is in
French (as it appears it may be from the title) I
am assuming that Scully has provided the
translation of the text.

My question is in regard to whether this is a
'period' reference such as from Platina or
Taillevent etc, or whether this is a modern work
into the subject of fish in the Middle Ages?

Given the nature of previous quotes throughout the
book, I am assuming that it is the former.  My
next question is whether anyone has read this book
(I don't speak French) and whether it is
translated into English anywhere.  Further, is it
a recipe resource or merely a discourse of some
type?

Thanks in advance,
Lorix