SC - Sharing My (albeit temporary) moment of Brilliance

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 7 18:11:40 PST 2000

Lorix gives suggestions for decorating chocolate
filled eggshells ala Fabrege.  Might I remind everyone
that Fabrege eggs are 19th c. Victorian era and
inappropriate for SCA feasts. If you really do
want to decorate eggs in a closer to period manner,
I suggest you look at the traditional Ukrainian decorated
eggs.  They are 17th century and maybe even late
16th.  Anyone have any good documentation on period
dates for Ukrainian decorated eggs?  I seem to recall
someone in Meridies (Adian?) did a paper on Ukrainian
eggs for kingdom A&S within the past 5 or 6 years.  Any
Meridian remember who?

Akim
"No glory comes without pain"