SC - Camlann Medieval village

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 09:43:28 PST 2000

I've been to a couple of their Yule feasts and quite
enjoyed them (despite the magician).  As far as I can
tell the food is period, except possibly the spiced
grape juice which may be merely "peri-oid," (but for
which I am willing to forgive them as long as they
keep it coming).  I also highly recommend the Crustade
Lombard.

The first time I went, I asked about the recipe for
the grape juice and was told that they had taken most
of their recipes from Lorna Sass' book.  By my second
trip, they had come out with their cookbook, which is
quite different, at least from the glance or two I had
of a friend's copy.

I have not been there during the summer, when the
"village" is happening as well, so I can't say much
about that.  From my friends' description, it sounds
similar to most ren fairs and such.

Dana Huffman/Ximena la Letrada