SC - New world rant

Danielle Maughan dmaughan at netutah.com
Thu Feb 10 23:04:43 PST 2000

Just to beat a dead horse and mention some minutia.  Anahita al-shazhiya
put flounder on her list of Old World foods.  It is, but its another of
those foods and animals that are different in the Old and New Worlds.  The term as used in Britain refers to a variety of flat fish including plaice and  witch soles.  The New World usage refers to other species of flat fish  caught at different times throughout the year.
(I get the digest version and always a day behind in my email, so please forgive the tardiness of this response.)

Danielle Maughan
aka Belcolore Libri