SC - Re:New World Foods-list penguins are period

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Feb 12 09:12:36 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/11/00 6:51:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> << An' whuss wrong wi' mackerel, I'd loik to know? I'm assuming (correct me
>  if I'm wrong about this) that the mackerel you've been exposed to has,
>  um, shown in its quality the distances it has travelled?
>
>  Adamantius >>
>
> Possibly...what I have had is rather fishy tasting and I don't much care for
> fishy tasting fish although I will eat it if it is served to me.

I figured that was it. Hard to blame the fish, though, for tasting like
what it is. But yes, freshly-caught and properly-processed mackerel (I
recall that late March - early April are the season around here) have a
sublime flavor and aroma that I can only compare to the cucumber smell
of fresh salmon. There are both cucumber and slight grape overtones,
which is why fuit sauces go so well with fresh mackerel -- gooseberries
are a classic accompaniment. But it deteriorates rapidly, like bluefish.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com