SC - Parsley

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 00:21:38 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/12/00 10:46:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

<< and the _Itinerarium Kambriae_ refer to Pliny's
 _Naturalis historia_)  >>

Speaking of Plink...I came across a reference which is very puzzling. It is
generally assumed that Plain leaf parsley is the most accurate plant today
which represents the closest species to period parsley. The reference
suggested that Pliny specifically mentioned Curly Leaf Parsley as the better
parsley. Since I had thought that curly leaf parsley was a relatively modern
form of parsley, I would appreciate any thoughts about this or translations
of the Pliny section that this could be referring to.

Ras