SC - Ninth century agriculture

Valoise Armstrong varmstro at zipcon.net
Sun Feb 13 10:02:24 PST 2000

Bear wrote:
>Try the Florilegium.  I posted an English translation from Ogg of the de
>Villes a couple of years ago.  If I remember correctly it has made it into
>Stefan's colection.

I had previously looked under gardening and agriculture in the Plants
section, but I went back and dug deeper. If anyone else is interested,
it's under Info-sources. What you posted, Bear, is one of three
fragments of inventories that preceded the De Villis. I've got that
piece in Georges Duby's Rural Economy and Country Life in the Medieval
West. Duby only gives two of the estate inventories and an edited
version of the actual decrees. I had kind of hoped to find the third
inventory somewhere online. I guess I need to make a trip to the
library to find the complete thing.

Valoise