SC - black sausage

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Feb 17 06:09:59 PST 2000

"Alderton, Philippa" wrote:

> Machepatetose? Sounds a mouthful, in more than one sense- what is it? The
> name gives me images of mashing and patting your sausage with your toes ;-O
>
> Phlip

Well, you take steamed or simmered potetos, and mache them with beurre
and a bit of lait. Serve with rostbiff and other highly amusing viands d'Angleterre.

Speaking of which, how many people on this list have seen that wonderful
British sitcom, "Chef!", particularly the episode with the international
culinary competition, with the evil French chef taunting the title
character, calling him M. Rostbiff? Brilliant! For the most part, a
superlative series, except for the fact that it is imperfect satire in
that it is a little too close to reality in the restaurant industry...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com