SC - PPc and Libro del arte de cocina

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 17 07:52:24 PST 2000

Thank you,

You have been most helpful.

I also passed this by one of your Spanish profs here at school.
She noted that there were several spelling errors in the book and that the
language is Castilian and that a lot of the language is archaic.

Here is the translations as she gave"

The cutting of mutton breast

	The mutton breast is cut, making a cross-wise cut through the middle,
	and from there you will cut as much meat as you are able to remove,
	then you will cut the gristle and soft bones into pieces, and then
	cut the ribs long-wise, just as they are, and separate them one by one.

So to sum of the recipe, I would stay that it is a set of instructions for
the butchering of mutton to make single ribs for another recipe.  Is there
such a thing as an old Castilian to modern Spanish Dictionary out there,
that I could then translate to english?

Thanks,

Frederich