SC - Suggestions for a mushroom dish?

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Mon Feb 21 14:49:21 PST 2000

Good fortune the list.

I am compiling my recipes for a feast & have come
across a slight problem.  Attending the feast will
be a couple of people with a variety of food
preferences and/or allergies.  Now I am fine with
most things but I am looking for a protein dish
for a lactose intolerant vegetarian (in this case
meaning no fish or chicken, butter, cheese or
other dairy products).  Now, this basically
precludes pastry dishes too ;-(  In this
particular case, eggs are somewhat of a problem
because it is an animal product . . .

I've got it covered for the rest of the meal, but
would like to serve a period 'protein' dish for
this 'category'.  I have been thinking about
something containing a mix of nuts & mushrooms,
but would welcome any suggestions and especially
any recipes.

Much thanks,

Lorix