SC - Trimaris <sigh> again

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Sat Feb 26 20:35:14 PST 2000

Adamantius wrote alot and I agree with him in all of it so no snipping for
me.

I wish to add one thought.  Maybe (since we are hypothesizing about her
meaning) she has had "strange" period food and found some people did not
like it and chooses not to be served it again.  But still the way she is
going about it is poorly done.  If this is her intent, then she needs to
address the issues with the cooks directly and explain her worries.  Not
limit the A&S in her Kingdom by turning people into "cook whatever the
restaurant next door is serving, then people will eat here instead" types.
I have served period feasts even before I knew I should (my first feast I
read a copy of Aspicus before choosing my dishes, even though I had never
been told that this is normal for a cook to do, I just wanted to cook
something period) and I have never had a complaint about my food at all.  So
I do not see why, if I lived in Trimaris, I should stop cooking the way I
always have.

Maybe Guillermo, and others in them Kingdom, should talk with them and let
them know how this missive is being perceived and they can, hopefully help
TRH's to understand that period things in a society meant to be not only
fun, but educational, should still be supported completely.  Not only that,
but since this is now a very wide-spread piece of information, maybe they
can help them save a bit of face for their reign too.

All matters above are my opinion only and do not mean to step on anyone's
ones toes unless duly noted. :)

Murkial