SC - Roman Icelandic Chicken[sort of]

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Feb 28 14:59:02 PST 2000

It doesnt say, that was the whole quote. I would assume that you could
wrap a whole carcass or a quarter of a bird. If I had to guess, I would
probably guess at a whole bird. I dont think they really did 1 person
cooking liek we do-I mean, if you have to heat a cooking hearth for just
one person instead of going out for takeout, you might as well cook the
whole blasted thing and have leftovers. Keep in mind this is alsomore
inclined to be for the upper and middle classes, and not just the poor
common scum, and romans were into having families. There were some
pretty stringent laws about having marriages and children-mothers of 3
and more got special privaleges, and men whoremained batchelors got
penalized.
margali

Do you mean chicken on the bone? Do you wrap the chicken, as is, in a
pastry?
Phillipa

<< You give a bird a greater flavor and make it more nourishing, and
keep  all the fat in, if you wrap it in pastry made of oil and flour and
cook  it in the oven. >>