SC - Re: OMIGOD- HAPPY MEALS AT CROWN TOURNEY

Kekilpenny at aol.com Kekilpenny at aol.com
Tue Feb 29 06:22:05 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/29/00 2:17:31 AM EST, lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

<< I can understand that some children prefer the familiar to the
 untried, but i still am unable to understand a preference for fast
 food over real food... Can someone explain this to me?

Each child is individual in their taste and they develop at different rates.
My sister grew up enjoying the wide variety of foods and ethnic cuisine my
parents introduced us to. I preferred a very bland and simple menu.  Fast
food was not as popular then as it is not but I liked hamburgers because it
offered all the basic foods I did like - Meat, lettuce, tomatoes and bread. I
didn't want to try anything else. Yes, the "take one bite" option was
enlisted by my parents. I simply preferred a simple uncomplicated food. That
has changed and I enjoy discovering new tastes and textures. I still do not
lean towards spicy foods and this time it's because of a medical problem.

There is no mystery in it, choices are based on a child's interest and
pallet. There are other factors at play as far as a families background and
personal choices but then again, my families favorites weren't mine.

Now I'd hope to see us start discussing creative and interesting period food
stuffs that might be appealing to even the most fussy and picky eater. Some
of us are thinking about developing a children's event with a Toys for Tots
style tourney, Page school classes and just for fun activities including
cooking classes, with a Tavern theme feast. So I'm looking for easy kid
friendly preparation (ages 10-16) that will be a delight to kids and grownups.

::slipping back into lurk mode:::

Molli Rose