SC - REC: BAID MASUS

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Feb 29 08:47:09 PST 2000

>  > Phillipa Seton said
>  > For tonight's supper I made  **Baid Masus** from His Grace's Miscellany.
>  > I
>  > had never made it before.  It was delicious!  A very straight forward
>  > recipe
>  > and easy to make.  I didn't have any *mastic* however.  (I hope everyone
>  > got
>  > my previous post on mastic - a liquorice flavored sap)

I believe the information you posted said that mastic was the sap,
and the bark was liquorice flavored. Mastic doesn't taste in the
least like liquorice. More like turpentine (think retsina for a
similar effect in something consumable), which is why we use it in
very small quantities.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/