SC -menu & looking for recipes

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Tue Feb 29 11:28:26 PST 2000

    It's usually because you use who can do. If you have someone in your
group who is a serious good cook, they become the default feastcrat. And
from long and bitter experience, they then learn who and who cannot be
depended on for support. I try to leave the friday traveler's board to
someone else, which usually isn't a problem, as whatever they serve is
brought from home and then warmed up.
    But I've been awakened all too often in the early morning and told that
the clown who was going to do breakfast a) hadn't arrived, b) couldn't be
found, c) was still drunk and passed out, d) was too hung over to do more
than dry heave and bleed from the eyes, or e) was in the kitchen burning the
place down, and would I please come and get the coffee going? I soon learned
not to delegate breakfasts. I find it's nice to hand lunches off to somebody
else whenever possible, and if you can't, don't serve lunch.
        The secret, BTW, of surviving these weekend blitzcrat sessions is
(in order of importance) coffee, more coffee, an occasional nip o' the
flask, a bit more coffee, coke or pepsi, adrenalin, some iced tea, a nip o'
somebody else's flask, and the ability to metabolize fatigue poisons. The
last is really vital if you want to avoid those pesky hallucinations. And an
occasional Snickers bar works wonders, too.

    Sieggy