SC - pomegranate juice question

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 1 22:37:18 PST 2000

I bought a bottle of pomegranate juice last fall in an Iranian store
here in Austin. It was bottled in Lebanon and the brand is Cortas, just
in case some of you have this brand at home.

Anyway, the bottle says "Pomegranate Concentrated Juice". And the only
ingredient is "Pomegranate Concentrated Juice". Is all pomegranate
juice sold concentrated? No where on the bottle does it say I should
dilute it 2:1 or whatever to use it.

Tonight I was making a sauce redacted originally by Stephen Bloch and
posted to this list in it's early days. It is in the sauces-msg file
in my Florilegium. I have pasted a copy of the message below in case
the recipe it is used in affects the answers to my question. I ended
up using 3/8 cup of juice and 3/8 cup of water to dilute it 1:2. Later
when I decided it was a little thin I added some more juice and more
breadcrumbs.

Should I have diluted it or used it straight out of the bottle? If
I should dilute it, to what ratio?

Thanks,
  Stefan
- --