SC - green onions and stuffed eggs questions

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 2 22:55:23 PST 2000

> hey all from Anne-Marie
> Stefan sez:
> >But the recipe called for x amount of *chopped* herbs. If you mix them
> >altogether how do you know you are getting the right amounts since they
> >aren't chopped yet? Put them on the chopping board in the approximate
> >ratios? Then chop it all up and if it is too much, simply discard the
> >extra and assume the ratio is correct?
>
> oh dear! My instructions are not very clear are they? (mental note to
> change them....)
>
> <snip>
>
> one of the joys of working with recipes like these, reconstructed by
> amateurs like me is the less than perfect directions. My apologies!!!
>
> - --AM, who's been thinking about taking a cookbook writing course at the
> local community college...

Thank you for the information. The problem probably has less to do with
the quality of the instructions than with the inexperience of the reader/cook.
However, the longer I am on this list, the more I learn.

Some of the "professional" cooks/authors that have been reviewed on this
list have gotten rather poor reviews. I'll take a number of the amateurs
here over many of the cookbook authors.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net