SC - Serving sizes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Feb 3 14:18:54 PST 2000

- --============_-1262505732==_ma============

At 8:45 PM -0700 2/2/00, Deborah J. Schumacher wrote:
>Just a quick question. I'm planning on serving Jazariyyah a lamb
>dish from Cariadoc and Elizabeth's Miscellany for one of the meals
>at Estrella. It calls for 2 lbs of lamb and assorted veggies (A
>little carrot and a little spinach) Any idea how many servings I
>could count this as? 4 ? 6? 8?

The amount of a dish you need per person depends very much on how
many different dishes you are doing. Our usual rule of thumb is to
add up all the meat in all the dishes we are serving, and figure that
for the main meal of the day it should come to about half a pound per
person. Take that down a bit if you have a lot of eggs, lentils,
etc.--things that substitute for meat.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/
- --============_-1262505732==_ma============

question. I'm planning on serving Jazariyyah a lamb dish from Cariadoc
and Elizabeth's Miscellany for one of the meals at Estrella. It calls
for 2 lbs of lamb and assorted veggies (A little carrot and a little
spinach) Any idea how many servings I could count this as? 4 ? 6? 8?

The amount of a dish you need per person depends very much on how many
different dishes you are doing. Our usual rule of thumb is to add up
all the meat in all the dishes we are serving, and figure that for the
main meal of the day it should come to about half a pound per person.
Take that down a bit if you have a lot of eggs, lentils, etc.--things
that substitute for meat.
</smaller></fontfamily>

David/Cariadoc

http://www.best.com/~ddfr/