SC - Apicius and Platina

Thomas Gloning gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Mon Feb 7 17:39:28 PST 2000

Gaylin/Jasmin said:

<<< Thomas wrote:
'Searching the electronic Apicius, I got from the Oxford Text Archive a
while ago'
*perk*
Electronic copy of Apicius? Oh, do tell! This would be a URL
tease, no? >>>

Is a URL tease somebody or something like a spoon tease? Well, no, I am/
this was not a URL tease: I sent the URL of the electronic LATIN Apicius
of the Oxford Text Archive to the list a few months ago. Cindy Renfrow
now has a link to the OTA-site with the Apicius on her site at
www.thousandeggs.com. The Oxford-URL is:

  http://ota.ahds.ac.uk

>From there you must find your way to the Apicius-text somehow (try "de
re" or "coqvinaria" or so; if I recall correctly "coquinaria" with "u"
won't work). I would have given you a more precise URL taking you
directly to the text, but visiting this site a few minutes ago, I only
got some ugly Java Script error. Sigh.

If you do not find the text, drop me a line. (I am proofreading this
version present.)

In the meantime, I found out, that this text is based on a good edition,
the one of Mary Ella Milham (who recently published Platina):

   Apicii decem libri qvi dicvntvr de re coqvinaria et excerpta
   a vinidario conscripta. Edidit Mary Ella Milham.
   Leipzig (Teubner) 1969.

Best,
Thomas