SC - Response from author of horrible period foods article.

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 15:42:36 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/9/2000 6:30:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

<< She did have you on a couple of minor
 points (the 14th c. is not the 11th c.), but her attitude stinks, and so
 does most of her source list- _World Lit Only By Fire_, for instance,
 has been out of favor for a very long time. And the encyclopedia? Since
 when what that a good source for history? >>

Yes, I have to admit that I also did not use sources from the specific time
period.  But I think I might be justified in that she used a 15th century
recipe, without stating that it was from the 15th century, in an article
about foods from 1000 AD.  What was that she said about foods changing over
the course of 3-400 years?  Also, note that the article says everyone's teeth
were worn down to stumps, which she later recants as "some people's", and
appears to be basing this info on a newspaper article about what two
researchers said.
At least we know where she got the info now.  That was one thing I really
wanted to know.

Brangwayna