SC - Re: "No glory comes without pain"

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 05:47:47 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/11/00 12:22:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< I am sure
 that some list members in other parts of the world are now
 wondering how there can be such disparities among Americans
 and a lot of  non-SCA members are totally bored with this.  Sorry
 for any inconveniences or boredom I have caused.  >>

Do not apologize. There are too many of us who are egocentric and can't
imagine that others don't do things the way we do. Thanks for shaking that
misconception up.

I must commend you for having stood up for yourself and taken the time to
explain your situation. Many would have blown off the original rebuttals and
not given it another thought. The job of a head cook in a medieval feast is
incredibly difficult, although there are many who make it look simple. We all
do the best we can with what we have.

I must further commend you for the work that you do faced with such
tantamount difficulties. I struggle to keep my feast down to about $12 Cdn (9
US) and still serve 5 protein dishes and 7-10 others. I keep a freezer, beg
for discounts, work every angle there is, but I can't get prices like those
mentioned either (even if I consider the exchange rate).

Thank you for the education. We can all learn from this.

Sincerely,
Hauviette