SC -A Nautical Feast or a Sailors best meat I mean mate

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Fri Feb 11 15:52:22 PST 2000

Anne-Marie asked:

would medieval people have viewed seafood in the same drooly wonder that we
moderns do?

I guess it would all depend.  If you lived way inland and someone took the
time to bring in strange sea creatures for a feast it may have been taken as
"Oh no, I am NOT eating that" or "Oh my how extravagant to bring that here".
Or if you were a fisherman who ate fish everyday it would not be as neat.

Murkial
(whose husband's favorite saying about lobster is "It must have a very brave
and/or hungry man that pulled a lobster from the sea and said "Hmmm I'm
going to eat that!")