SC - SC RE: New Worlds Food Rant/ Counter Rant Summation

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Fri Feb 11 21:05:58 PST 2000

Akim wrote:

Professional processing brings the price right back up to
the low end price, so why bother?
_____________________________________

Not jumping on the band wagon to attack just wondering.  When we have had
cattle slaughtered at a local packing house it was relatively inexpensive.
Usually they are close to the ;livestock auctions and you buy a cow and have
it moved over to the packing house and pick up your meant later.  This is
much cheaper than buying a 1/2 a cow from some butcher for sure.  Is there a
way to do that there?

Also, I wouldn't mind serving turkey at a "New world" type feast (not that I
will ever do one since I am no longer in the SCA just studying period
cooking now) but have not found any recipes in any of the sources I have
seen for turkey.  I would love to have a few sources, although then I
wouldn't be a stuffy as to turn my nose up at the turkey legs served at our
local Renn faire :)  I have no followed this thread closely, so if you could
email me a few that you have found privately, I will look into them.

Christi