SC - Strange Foods and Delicacies

Linda Taylor lmt_inpnw at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:05:12 PST 2000

Wajdi writes:
>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:09:21 -0600

>Wait a minute here.  Eating rabbit is considered strange in North America?
>Since when?  I happen to like rabbit and dumplings; or a rabbit stew.  How
>come
>is it I missed rabbit getting put on the 'strange' list?

> > (snip) . . . a lady from Wales said she missed the way her
> > Grandmother made rabbit every weekend.
> >
> > I guess what I am saying is the things we in North America (including
> > Canada, but am not sure of their eating habits) consider strange and/or
> > delicacies are still eaten fairly regularly in other areas.
> >
> > Murkial

I think rabbit fits more into the "delicacies" area (though the thought of
eating cute fuzzy bunnies definitely queazes some people I know). I don't
know about where you live, but my local grocery stores' meat cases have a
chicken section, a pork section, a beef section, and a small lamb section.
There is no rabbit section. Rabbit is not too hard to find here in Portland,
OR, but it's at the "gourmet" stores.
Mmmm...Rabbit in mustard sauce...!

Morwyn

Morwyn of Wye, O.L.