SC - beavers/sensitive palates

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Feb 14 15:14:11 PST 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> An untrained palette is like an orchestra warming up, the
> crashing of cymbals or a bad brass band while a sensitive palette allows
> flavors to dance across the tongue creating a symphony of sensual delight
> much the same as a lingering orgasm.

Upon first read, I laughed. And then I remembered...

Last night I went with two housemates over to the home of the
Baron&Baroness/Prince&Princess (yes, they are one and the same- this is
a small enough area that it is doable. I live in The Sticks, An Tir). It
seems they had a surfeit of ARTICHOKES, one of God's own vegetables. So
a bunch of friends had to come help eat them, yes?

Big bowl of mayonnaise, big bowl of melted butter with lemons in it, and
big bowl of butter with something else in it (garlic maybe? with
parmesan?) and an enormous plastic bucket in the middle of the table for
the discarded leaves. We filled it. Greasy hands asnd faces all around
the table. And truly, Ras, the noises were suited for a porn soundtrack.
No problem rating the enjoyment level there!

Of course, I could happily eat another one right now...

'Lainie